For over 50 years, Leland Saylor Associates (LSA) has been a nationally recognized construction consulting firm providing expertise in the areas of estimating, scheduling, value engineering, and construction management. We are proud to be the cost advisor on some of the largest, most technically complex projects in the nation specializing in airports, justice facilities, laboratories, healthcare, education, and infrastructure projects. Leland Saylor is also known for our industry leading cost manuals, used by owners and construction professionals throughout the US.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Cost Estimator to join our team at our headquarters in Walnut Creek, CA. The Senior Cost Estimator will manage estimating operations for our west coast teams. We seek like-minded professionals who have a passion for estimating, drive to achieve results, creative problem-solving ability, and a dedication to client service and relationship management. Come join us and partner with our world class team and do your best work.
Positive Work Environment
Employees make the difference at Saylor and your teamwork is valued. Everyone contributes, and that contribution is recognized by senior staff. A sense of purpose in your employment is important. The Saylor company is staffed with genuine individuals and together, we deliver projects that make a difference to our communities. Hospitals, public venues, workspaces, education facilities, public administration and transportation projects are delivered for our clients to make our world a better place.
Flexible and Fun
We keep things moving for you and we have fun at work. We are flexible on work hours and have frequent team building events. Company favorites include our Giants home opener or annual wine tasting event.
Saylor supports the professional and personal development of our staff. Free tuition for approved course work and access to professional conferences are part of our culture and commitment to staff.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Cost Estimator to work on high profile, multi-million and billion-dollar infrastructure programs in our San Francisco office. The Senior Cost Estimator will have a demonstrated ability to develop Bill of Quantities (BOQ), Bill of Materials (BOM) at all phases of pre-design and design, who has 10+ years related experience. Types of services will be primarily design phase estimating, peer review/validation, and on-site change order estimating.
Daily duties to include:
* Prepare accurate and detailed construction cost and project cost estimates from conceptual design through final construction document level design; * Construction phase change order estimating and negotiation;
* Value engineering;
* Managing projects to ensure profitability;
* Nurturing client relationships;
* Training and mentoring junior staff.
* 10+ years related experience in a variety of building projects (for example: medical, aviation, schools, etc.), with projects in excess of $5M;
* B.S. in Engineering and/or Construction Management/Quantity Surveying or related field;
* Industry specific certification is a plus (RICS, AACE, Charter QS, CCE, CPE, etc.);
* Current knowledge of SF construction market;
* Ability to manage budgets, schedules, and projects to ensure client satisfaction;
* Ability to work effectively with engineers and owners;
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
* Strong knowledge of MS Excel;
* Ability to work onsite at our San Francisco office, and travel to clients as needed.
Our business is thriving and we offer unlimited opportunities for growth and career advancement. Additionally, we offer a competitive rate, flexibility, and an environment that recognizes and rewards hard work, with unlimited opportunities for professional development and advancement.
Please apply with a cover letter and CV. We look forward to hearing from you!
Leland Saylor Associates is an equal opportunity employer and makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of merit.