Mon, Feb 25|
San Francisco Public Library
Special Event - Best Practices, Lessons Learned and Trends In Design-Build
Speakers from San Mateo County Community College District, DGS and WEBCOR will discuss lessons learned using the Design Build Project Delivery Method.
Time & Location
Feb 25, 2019, 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM
San Francisco Public Library, 100 Larkin St, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
About The Event
Our speakers will present best practices and trends specific to their programs. Their presentation will respond to the following questions:
• As a Public Owner, how did your agency make the mental shift from the typical traditional project delivery methods to Design Build? Can you share some of the initially challenges and the steps you took to overcome them?
• How do you as a Design Builder, build and foster trust with Owners new to Design Build?
• Summarize for us, a strategy you believe is crucial to Owner’s success using the design build.
• As an Owner, what resources in the Industry have been instrumental in the success of using the design build project delivery?
• Can you share some of the landmines you hit using this delivery method and what were the consequences?
• Design Build is faster and Cheaper, myth or fact? What are some other myths about Design Build that your experience dispels?
Jose D. Nuñez LEED AP, DBIA
Vice Chancellor, Facilities Planning, Maintenance & Operations, Public Safety; San Mateo Community College District
Project Director, Department of General Services
Nihan Tiryaki, P.E.
Vice President, Webcor
The event will be held in the Koret Auditorium (Room 602)
Sixth Dimension - www.sixthdimensionpm.com
* Parking Information to follow*
Gold Sponsor (unlimited)
1. Two tickets 2. Talk about the firm – two minutes 3. Giveaways 4. Recognition on the website, e blasts, and event